[CentOS] perl-DBD-MySQL, libmysqlclient.16 and 5.7 (FInal)

Ilya Kazakevich

kazakevichilya at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 19:06:21 UTC 2012

Hello,

I have server CentOS 5.7. It has mysql-community installed.

I need to run perl-based tool (mysqlreport) and it requires perl-DBD-MySQL
(not a surprise)

When I am trying to install perl-DBD-MySQL via yum -- it says it requires
libmysqlclient.*15 *and it conflicts with libmysqlclient.*16 *which was
installed as a part of mysql-community.

I tried to make symbolic link and force DBD to work with 16. But it failed
with error. Looks like libmysqlclient provides it version or has different
API (which is strange for me)

The only one idea I have is to fetch libmysqlclient.15 from some packet and
put it to my LD folder directly.

But what has happened? Where is DBD for new version (16)? What is the best
("official") way to solve it?

Thanks.