[CentOS] postfix and spam, I am impressed[Solution that works]

Bob Hoffman bob at bobhoffman.com
Tue Mar 13 19:48:11 UTC 2012

*Nataraj*
/Tue Mar 13 13:17:32 EDT 2012 wrote

/

<snip>
Also anyone using rbl's should also review the RBL's policy.  Most RBL's
charge a license fee for high volume queries and will cut you off if you
violate their policy.
<snip>
<snip>
our logwatch format is very nice, that does not appear to be the
standard CentOS included logwatch.  Have you customized it alot yourself?
<snip>
<snip>
Is this just a personal mail server or are you serving a large user base?
<snip>

You can also work out something with the RBLs if you are large enough, to
download their database in some way, and update through that method, while
somehow using your own files/database through postfix (or whatever mail server)

The logwatch format looks groovy for two reasons, 1- it is centos 6 version,
2- it is on HIGH detail (or 10, whichever you prefer)

This is just one address on a personal server. Just me.
This is an address I have had since 2002 and was quite active online.
My other address is from 1997 and it is insane the amount of junk.

Still getting a small amount through.
My next step is to get procmail to /dev/null according to spam-level
from spamassassin...so I may have it set at 5 to tag as spam, but procmail
can look at the level somehow and if I say 'greater than 15' /devnull.

will figure it out.