[CentOS] postfix and spam, I am impressed

Ross Walker rswwalker at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 22:50:07 UTC 2012

On Mar 13, 2012, at 10:02 AM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

> I'm just trying to think of ways around a blacklist... *esp* the way
> dnsorb does, where they'll blacklist an entire block that belongs to a
> hosting provider, who provides one external delivery address.

When I did spamassassin I relied on the content scores and bayesian database and it worked quite well after I culled a huge amount of example junk email and good email and fed it into the bayesian database (1000s of emails).

I have since bought Ironports as our needs grew. These use a shared reputation database between all Ironport customers that every appliance sends updates to and receives updates from based on "outbreak filters", which I suppose work like spamassassin's content scoring.

It would be nice if there was a shared bayesian database between all spamassassin users.

-Ross