[CentOS] Constant disk activity

Woodchuck marmot at pennswoods.net
Thu Mar 22 03:13:09 EDT 2012

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 11:49:10PM -0700, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 03/21/12 11:35 PM, Woodchuck wrote:
> > What is this transmission daemon of which you speak?
> its a bittorrent thing.  peer to peer file exchange

Ah, so.  Thanks.  Yeah, if it's active it's probably hitting
the disk. iotop and possibly netstat might tell the tale.

   "If government had taken over the auto industry in 1920, today we'd
   all be driving Model-T cars -- and saying, 'If it weren't for the
   government, we'd have no cars at all.'"     -- Harry Browne