[CentOS] MySQL query profiling

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Mar 22 18:24:28 UTC 2012

On 03/22/2012 05:01 PM, Johnny Hughes wrote:

> So, profiling was indeed in 5.0.77 and it is indeed not in 5.0.95

The default in configure for 5.0.77 was to have it turned on, whereas in
5.0.95 the default has been to turn it off :

+{ $as_echo "$as_me:$LINENO: checking whether query profiling should be
included" >&5
+$as_echo_n "checking whether query profiling should be included... " >&6; }
 # Check whether --enable-profiling was given.
 if test "${enable_profiling+set}" = set; then
   enableval=$enable_profiling;  ENABLED_PROFILING=$enableval
 else
-   ENABLED_PROFILING=yes
+   ENABLED_PROFILING=no
 fi

Since there is no --enable-profiling in the .spec file, its going to go
with the change in behaviour of the configure script.

> The question is, what does RHEL do ... anyone out there who can test the
> behavior in RHEL?

I'm guessing its the same there as well. But it would be interesting to
get confirmation ( and therefore a bug report on bugs.centos.org and
cross references to bugzilla.redhat.com )

--
Karanbir Singh
ICQ: 2522219    | Yahoo IM: z00dax      | Gtalk: z00dax