[CentOS] Postfix master-slave configuration howto

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Tue Mar 27 03:53:13 EDT 2012

Hi guys.

I have mail loop problem. I have master server (CentOS 5.x) for domain
in question (lets call it *domainX.com* ). I used virtualmin to set it
up for that and several other domains. It is Bind SOA for the domain and
Postfix server. I will call this server *soa.domainX.com*

Now, I have added internal CentOS 6.x server to the company owner of the
domain. I have given it hostname *server.domainX.com* and created
*user1* on it. It has Postfix server on it, without public IP, and has
*soa.domainX.com* as relay server.

What I need to learn is how to set up so mail for
*root at server.domainX.com* and *user1 at domainX.com* stay on the
*server.domainX.com* and master Postfix on *soa.domainX.com* stops
refusing mail for other domains with:

"554     5.4.0 Error: too many hops (in reply to end of DATA command)"

I am already searching the net, but would appreciate link to howto or
hint what to look for, since I mostly find irrelevant hits.

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)
PL Computers
Serbia, Europe