[CentOS] INSTALLING UPDATES-PROXY PROBLEM

arun kumar arunjones.kumar89 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 10:24:12 UTC 2012

hey, iam extremly sorry for giving u trouble,
as u said i set the environment....
this is the outcome after that
[BTIS at WORKSTATION3 ~]$ env | grep -i http_proxy
http_proxy=http://asomavarapu@actrec.gov.in:dbsa121@10.100.15.3:8080
HTTP_PROXY=http://asomavarapu@actrec.gov.in:dbsa121@10.100.15.3:8080
[BTIS at WORKSTATION3 ~]$

and this is the file of .bash_profile that i edited

# .bash_profile

# Get the aliases and functions
if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then
    . ~/.bashrc
fi

# User specific environment and startup programs

PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin

export PATH

export http_proxy="http://asomavarapu@actrec.gov.in:dbsa121@10.100.15.3:8080
"
export HTTP_PROXY="http://asomavarapu@actrec.gov.in:dbsa121@10.100.15.3:8080
"

then i tried the command yum check-updates    ,then this is the outcome

[BTIS at WORKSTATION3 ~]$ yum check-update
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, refresh-packagekit
Could not retrieve mirrorlist
http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=6&arch=i386&repo=os error was
14: PYCURL ERROR 22 - "The requested URL returned error: 407"
Could not retrieve mirrorlist
http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=6&arch=i386&repo=centosplus error was
14: PYCURL ERROR 22 - "The requested URL returned error: 407"
Could not retrieve mirrorlist
http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=6&arch=i386&repo=extras error was
14: PYCURL ERROR 22 - "The requested URL returned error: 407"
http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/rpm/stable/i386/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 22 - "The requested URL returned error: 407"
Trying other mirror.
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
google-chrome. Please verify its path and try again
[BTIS at WORKSTATION3 ~]$