[CentOS] centos 6.2 netinstall does not offer "create custom layout" at "Select type of installation " in text mode installation

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Tue Mar 27 22:38:33 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 11:58:56PM +0300, Aggelis Aggelis wrote:
> I want to install centos 6.2 i386 on a pc with the following specs
>

> I suspect that due to the low specs of my pc the installer does not enter
> graphical mode installation which gives
> the "Create Custom Layout Option" in the "Type of Installation" step.
>
> Is this a bug of the installer in text mode and if not is there a
> workaround in order to be able to create a custom layout ?

It's a bug, but RH considers it a feature.
RH's text based install is now extremely limited.  I believe the only
workaround is make a kickstart file if you want custom partitioning.

RedHat calls it streamlined and simplified.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Angel: I'm weak. I've never been anything else. I wanted to lose
myself in you. I know it will cost me my soul, and part of me
didn't care. It's not the demon in me that needs killing, Buffy,
it's the man.