[CentOS] Is there a way to _remove_ dependencies from an RPM built from source?

Thu Mar 1 01:17:33 UTC 2012
Michael Lampe <lampe at gcsc.uni-frankfurt.de>

Marc Deop wrote:
> On Sunday 26 February 2012 20:39:03 Michael Lampe wrote:
>> So I can build, but the resulting RPM cannot be installed -- if not
>> forced. (No problems then as everything is there.)
>
> Why don't you add the files needed as dependencies to the spec file? (it's one of the beautis of the rpm system over deb)

Duplicate them, or what? They are already there. Only not registered
with rpm. (Intel's compiler comes with several runtime libs, and openmpi
is not a program, but an additional runtime for building one's own
programs.)

The best approximation is to remove the intel deps. Can be done. Other's
did it before, and I did it too. Only I don't even have a borderline
addiction to rpm.