[CentOS] C6.2 on DELL E6520

Fri Mar 2 14:21:37 UTC 2012
Jussi Hirvi <listmember at greenspot.fi>

On 2.3.2012 15.59, Bernd Bartmann wrote:
> The only problem is that the system hangs after
> entering "reboot". I can see that several services get stopped, but
> after some seconds the screen is just black and nothing happens
> anymore.

Does it hang after the shutdown process is totally complete, or
somewhere in between? (If so, what is the last thing you see on screen?)
How long have you waited for it to proceed?

How much RAM? On startup it will be checking the RAM, and possible other
things, and I think this happens right at the beginning of startup
sequence.

- Jussi