[CentOS] LibreOffice rpm's vs Centos testing repo

Wed Mar 7 10:08:38 UTC 2012
Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office at plnet.rs>

On 03/05/2012 04:45 PM, nux at li.nux.ro wrote:
> Ljubomir Ljubojevic writes:
>
>> I have been having OpenOffice 3.2 for EL 5.x in my repo since it's
>> release, by unpacking it in my repo folder, but I think desktop
>> integration needed some work.
>>
>> It is much easier to install on several systems from repository. And I
>> created virtual packages to install localized environment that pulls all
>> packages I wanted. And update is much simpler from repository, that is
>> why I am trying to force people to use it that way so we can move it to
>> regular repository.
>
> So Ljubomir, you have unpacked the official rpms and made a repo out of
> them? That might work, with a meta-package that would pull in the core
> stuff.. Still not very elegant.
> I really wish LO people would make a proper repo …
> I'll mention this in my letter to Santa this year.
>
> In the meanwhile we're probably going to have LO 3.4.5 in 6.3, so it's nice.
> Apparently 3.5.0 was not quite ready for (enteprise) prime time.

Yes, I did that around CentOS 5.2 or 5.3, when Openoffice 3.1 came out,
then upgraded to 3.2. I still have them in my repository for EL 5.x.

Main reason was that OpenOffice installer from tar was not working, and
tar for Serbian language was lacking desktop integration for
RHEL/Fedora, so I had to unpack and install via yum/rpm manually using
complicated commands I had to write down to remember, then separately
adding Serbian Language support, and I hated that.

Issuing "yum install ooo3-sr" to install it along with Serbian language
support was much easier :D

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)