[CentOS] md raid 10

Wed Mar 7 20:23:20 UTC 2012

Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 2:01 PM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
>> >
>>> You may have noticed that redhat recommends 250M
>>> http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Installation_Guide/s2-diskpartrecommend-x86.html
>>
>> Yeah, well, some of us have many servers more than 4 yrs old; so I'm
>> assuming that three, four years from now, with CentOS 8 or 9, it'll do
>> the
>> same, and want maybe 800M. Plan for the future, y'know.
>
> If the future continues anything like the past, you'll be be able to
> buy something new with twice the speed and 10x the space by then and
> be better off starting over than allocating more than you need today.

a) You think I, or a *lot* of other folks, are going to do that at home?
       (Please - I'm trying to get my fiancee to at *least* go from
        *shudder* Vista to Win7)
b) I'm a federal contractor, on site. You think the Republicans in
       Congress are going to increase our budget, to replace all servers
       over three or four years old?

       mark "clue: phat chance"