[CentOS] md raid 10

Thu Mar 8 12:39:45 UTC 2012
mark <m.roth at 5-cent.us>

John R Pierce wrote:
> On 03/07/12 2:09 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> Heh. Many of the new servers we are getting are all on the order of 48 or
>> 64 cores, and they eat and drink power. The same UPS that would handle six
>> 4 or 8 core boxes can handle*three*, if we're lucky, when a clustering
>> job's running....
>
> yes but that 48 core server can easily handle 6 or more of those 4-8
> core servers virtualized.

VM's? Sorry, we're doing very serious scientific computing - the couple
or so VMs we had are going away. I mean, when, for example, one guy I
support gets on a 48 core box, and proceeds to fire up an R job, and
uses *all* of them.... Plus, we're running out of UPSs to stick them on
to, and sockets to reach....

	mark "gotta build that last one of the cluster today"

--
"...I'm not sure I want lords or gods fixing the world. Because I thnk
they'd fix it for them. Not necessarily for me." - The Sharing Knife: