[CentOS] perl-DBD-MySQL, libmysqlclient.16 and 5.7 (FInal)

Tue Mar 13 21:41:23 UTC 2012
Ilya Kazakevich <kazakevichilya at gmail.com>

Thanks.
My problem is stupid: person who installed MySQL on this server did not use
yum repositories at all!
I have "MySQL-shared-community-5.*1*.57-1.rhel5" installed (according to
rpm -qa) while yum repositories have 5.*0*.95 (according to repoquery -i
mysql) and it leads to inconsistency. I think 15 version of libmysqlclient
is for 5.0 while 16 is for 5.1.

I believe someone have asked IT person to install mysql 5.1. Person found
that CentOS 5.7 repositories have no 5.1, so he installed it from external
.rpm file (because he did not want to upgrade the whole system).

I will use cpan to install perl-DBD-mysql, it should work.

Ilya.