On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 1:45 AM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote: > On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 4:41 PM, Ilya Kazakevich > <kazakevichilya at gmail.com> wrote: > > Thanks. > > My problem is stupid: person who installed MySQL on this server did not > use > > yum repositories at all! > > I have "MySQL-shared-community-5.*1*.57-1.rhel5" installed (according to > > rpm -qa) while yum repositories have 5.*0*.95 (according to repoquery -i > > mysql) and it leads to inconsistency. I think 15 version of > libmysqlclient > > is for 5.0 while 16 is for 5.1. > > > > I believe someone have asked IT person to install mysql 5.1. Person found > > that CentOS 5.7 repositories have no 5.1, so he installed it from > external > > .rpm file (because he did not want to upgrade the whole system). > > > > There have been a lot of security-related fixes since 5..1. > > I know but I do not want to update it now. I tried to use cpan, but it needs mysql_config (tool that tells it which options should be used for mysql) and my MySQL package has no such tool. At least I installed libmysqlclient15 using yum from webtatic repo and now I have 2 of them, so my "mysql" app would use 16 while perl-DBD-mysql (which installed successfully now) should use 15. Hope 15 is ok for my perl app. Thanks.