[CentOS] t-bird, followup

Wed Mar 14 00:16:11 UTC 2012
Jake Shipton <jakems at fedoraproject.org>

On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 12:42:44 -0500
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 12:29 PM, Jake Shipton
> <jakems at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> >
> > Oh? I have, I found Claws to have quite advanced search, filters,
> > actions etc. It's one of the main reasons I switched :-)
> >
> > Here's a screenshot of claws extended search:
> >
> > http://i.imgur.com/Hmwyv.png
>
> Nothing in particular jumps out at me that you can't do in t-bird.
> Did you find something specific?  In t-bird, the handiest thing is the
> toolbar 'search all messages' box that is very fast and does partial
> matches as you type.  But, for non-work mail these days I just use a
> free gmail account and google obviously knows how to search.

I was merely saying, that Claws Mail can search just as advanced as
TB, and sometimes better and more precise (or so it does for me).

However, for me, it is not only the search which drags me to claws-mail
it is the advanced filtering, actions after mail is fetched, the light
resource usage etc. Personally it just suits me.

But of course, everybody is different and prefer different things :-).

I was a Thunderbird user for a very long time (since it's early days) I
watched it grow, and become a great client, but then I personally find
it went down hill after. But just my personal opinion.

As for webmail, good idea if you are on the move, very handy, but I'll
always prefer a proper client over a web gui :-). Gmail it's self is a
good service however. I use it, but usually only via IMAP. :-)

I am just suggesting, if someone feels like "it's time for a change"
they should check out claws, if they are happy with Thunderbird, by all
means carry on using it :-).

--
Jake Shipton (JakeMS)
GPG Key: 0xE3C31D8F