[CentOS] CentOS 5 Testing repo

Sun Mar 18 07:14:23 UTC 2012
John R. Dennison <jrd at gerdesas.com>

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 01:22:45PM +1300, Spiro Harvey wrote:

> Looks like we'll have to upgrade the lot and hope for the best. This
> time, I'll put any testing packages we use in our own repos. Once
> bitten, twice paranoid. :)

Or don't use "testing" packages on production boxes in the first place.

It's far too easy to let such packages get stale and out of date and
subject yourself to security vulnerabilities.

IUS has had a maintained php-5.2 out for a long time now, there is
really no reason or excuse to have been using the years out of date
junk that was in c5-testing.

							John
--
<@Evilpig> when you let one idiot correct another idiot you just get two