[CentOS] [SOLVED]: CentOS-6, Postfix and Mailman

Thu Mar 22 20:54:56 UTC 2012
James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>

On Thu, March 22, 2012 15:21, James B. Byrne wrote:

> Based on groking the web I discovered that the recommended
> way to configure postfix to work with mailman is a script
> called postfix-to-mailman.py. I installed and modified
> this script to suit our installation.  I followed the
> instructions therein and made the recommended changes to
> posfix, to wit:

I eventually got all this working.  The script requires a
couple of modifications to work with the revised mailman
HFS layout adopted by RedHat subsequent to the original
script's creation.

Add this variable to postfix-to-mailman.py:

MailmanScripts = "/usr/lib/mailman"      # Where mailman
scripts reside

Change these lines:

    if os.path.exists(local):
        os.execv(MailmanScripts + "/mail/mailman",
                (MailmanScripts + "/mail/mailman", type,
local))

And you are good to go.  As stipulated in the script there
is no need to create entries in the aliases map.  New
mailman lists are picked up automatically.

Otherwise one may simply create a link in /var/lib/mailman
to point to /usr/lib/mailman and continue to use the
MailmanHome variable everywhere.  But changing the script
is cleaner I should think.

Canada  L8E 3C3