[CentOS] wiki - vnc -gerald and walsh, update?

Fri Mar 23 15:40:38 UTC 2012
William Hooper <whooperhsd at gmail.com>

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 11:03 PM, Bob Hoffman <bob at bobhoffman.com> wrote:
[snip]
> opened port 5902 in iptables, restarted iptables
> |INPUT -m state --state NEW -m tcp -p tcp --dport 5902 -j ACCEPT
[snip]
> in putty I made a saved session called 'vnc to my server'
> went to connections, ssh, tunnels in putty explorer
> added source port, 5902
> destination I put in localhost:5902
> click add
> then save the whole session (go back to session page)
[snip]

Note if you are exclusively using an SSH tunnel to access your VNC,
you don't need to open a port for VNC in the firewall.  In fact, not
opening a direct port for VNC is a good way of enforcing the tunnel to
secure the connection.

--
William Hooper