[CentOS] postgrey, postfix, tld list

Sun Mar 25 19:16:04 UTC 2012
Bob Hoffman <bob at bobhoffman.com>

On 3/25/2012 1:37 PM, Bob Hoffman wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am looking for the correct way to add postgrey to my system but
> whitelist everything except for com, org, and net domains.
> Most of my spam is from .info domains.
>
> There seems to be no way to only go after certain domains, instead
> postgrey wants to go after everything except what you whitelist.
>
> So my idea was to whitelist .com, .net, .org, .gov, and a few others
> while greylisting the rest.
> The syntax for the files want fqdn, email addresses, or domain names.
> But How do you just add a .TLD?
>
> postgrey_whitelist_clients  ??
>
> *.com
> *.net
> *.org
> ??
>
> this sound right?

believe I got this working, anyone interested here is what I did so far

1- get the repo rpmforge
rpm -Uvh
http://packages.sw.be/rpmforge-release/rpmforge-release-0.5.2-2.el6.rf.x86_64.rpm

2 limit forge to just the packages needed
/etc/yum.repos.d/rpmforge.repo
add line, just under enabled=1
includepkgs=postgrey perl-net-server perl-parse-syslog perl-BerkeleyDB
perl-IO-multiplex

3 yum install postgrey

4 make a new file, /etc/sysconfig/postgrey
add OPTIONS="--unix=/var/spool/postfix/postgrey/socket --delay=60"
save, close

5 added to /etc/postfix/postgrey_whitelist_clients
/^\.com$/
/^\.org$/
/^\.gov$/
/^\.net$/
/^\.mil$/
/^\.edu$/

(this file is full of junk from previous years, considering deleting it
all except for above)

6 add to main.cf, above my rbls but under the auth reject stuff so it is
last before them (though maybe it could be absolutely last, might be better)
     check_policy_service unix:postgrey/socket

7 service postgrey start, postfix reload, chkconfig postgrey on