[CentOS] INSTALLING UPDATES-PROXY PROBLEM

Tue Mar 27 08:47:42 UTC 2012
arun kumar <arunjones.kumar89 at gmail.com>

sorry for not mentioning before that iam new to linux

i have full access to internet, this is an educational institution, every
one have there seperate username and pasword for login...
so i used the my username and password in the yum.conf file..

i tried from GUI also like

system->Administration-> software update                 ,then i got the
folowing warning and error

Software Update Viewer is running as a privileged user
Package management applications are security sensitive.
Running graphical applications as a privileged user should be avoided for
security reasons.

problem connecting to software source

i also tried
system->Administration->Add/Remove software

iam not understanding what else to try