[CentOS] centos 6.2 netinstall does not offer "create custom layout" at "Select type of installation " in text mode installation

Wed Mar 28 10:29:12 UTC 2012

On 03/27/2012 11:38 PM, Scott Robbins wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 11:58:56PM +0300, Aggelis Aggelis wrote:
>> I want to install centos 6.2 i386 on a pc with the following specs
>>

>> I suspect that due to the low specs of my pc the installer does not enter
>> graphical mode installation which gives
>> the "Create Custom Layout Option" in the "Type of Installation" step.
>>
>> Is this a bug of the installer in text mode and if not is there a
>> workaround in order to be able to create a custom layout ?
>
> It's a bug, but RH considers it a feature.
> RH's text based install is now extremely limited.  I believe the only
> workaround is make a kickstart file if you want custom partitioning.
>
> RedHat calls it streamlined and simplified.

you can still run a vnc install from the netinstall emdia and get the
complete installer going.

--
Karanbir Singh
ICQ: 2522219    | Yahoo IM: z00dax      | Gtalk: z00dax