[CentOS] SMTP Port 465 - Postfix

Fri Mar 30 15:22:53 UTC 2012
Mike McCarthy <sysop at w1nr.net>

In /etc/postfix/master.cf uncomment the line that starts #smtps.

One thing I also do is to listen on an alternate socket way up high,
like 22225, to bypass ISP's that restrict port 25 and 465 to their own
servers. This way I can send mail through my server when I am on a
restricted network like AT&T wireless with my smart phone. Just make a
copy of the standard smtp line, call it smtp-alt, then define smtp-alt
to the port you want in /etc/services.

Mike