[CentOS] PHP and PHP53 on CentOS5 - PROBLEM

Jesus del Valle yeysus at googlemail.com
Wed May 2 04:46:27 UTC 2012

> > I would appreciate seeing your notes.
> > there are the IUS repos for PHP53.  With those you can yum
> install squirrelmail, drupal6, phpmyadmin.
> > I *did* install PHP53 from the IUS repository ( along with other
> supporting php packages), and html-enabled email (the capability to
> compose html email) in squirrelmail ceased functioning.

Hi Max. My Drupal notes are here: http://www.geilthings.com/wiki/Drupal
IUS repos: ?. I don't know what IUS means. My php53 comes with the base
repository, some php53 modules are in epel. I think I only used either base
or epel, they may have been under extras or plus. Anyway, only "standard"
repos.
squirrelmail html: Do you mean this plugin:
http://squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=209 ?. It is from 2005.

Squirrelmail installation from source (I have it under ssl):
# From http://squirrelmail.org/docs/admin/admin-3.html#ss3.2

mkdir /usr/local/squirrelmail
cd /usr/local/squirrelmail
mkdir data temp
chgrp apache data temp
chmod 0730 data temp
wget
http://squirrelmail.org/countdl.php?fileurl=http%3A%2F%2Fprdownloads.sourceforge.net%2Fsquirrelmail%2Fsquirrelmail-1.4.21.tar.gz
tar -xvf squirrelmail-1.4.21.tar.gz
mv squirrelmail-1.4.21 www

#ssl
yum install crypto-utils
genkey --days 365 mail.mydomain.com
Passphrase: somepassphrasehere

yum install mod_ssl

In the vhosts.d .conf files:

<VirtualHost *:443>
  SSLEngine on
  SSLCertificateFile /path/to/certificatefile.crt
  SSLCertificateKeyFile /path/to/key.file.key
  SSLCACertificateFile  /path/to/cacertificatefile.ca
  SSLProtocol all -SSLv2
  SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT:!SSLv2:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost *:80>
  redirect permanent / https://mail.domain.com
</VirtualHost>