[CentOS] editing bind (DNS) configuration under CentOS 6

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed May 2 13:15:46 UTC 2012

On 05/02/2012 02:09 PM, Nux! wrote:
>> it manually? That is doable, of course, but kind of cumbersome. Does
>> anybody know if there is a tool we are expected to use for that
>> purpose?
>
> If you're afraid of "vi", I can recommend webmin.
> http://dl.nux.ro/rpm/webmin.repo

and then you have 2 problems, one of which is a security hole.

I've mostly just gone to using nsupdate  from the cli for all zone edits
in bind zones. if you ever need the clear zone file, its easily dumped
out with rndc - works, and you can do some fairly complex things in a
clear and simple transaction manner ( plus, easily automated  from other
scripts / code for more win )

--
Karanbir Singh
ICQ: 2522219    | Yahoo IM: z00dax      | Gtalk: z00dax