[CentOS] File size diff on local disk vs NFS share

aurfalien aurfalien at gmail.com
Thu May 3 19:16:31 UTC 2012

On May 3, 2012, at 3:04 PM, Glenn Cooper wrote:

>> By the way, this is only across NFS as when ssh'd into the server, the file size shows 2.5M, same as the clients when its local so its seems NFS is the culprit.
>>
>> I have r/wsize tweaked but thats it.
>
> Wild guess - cached file attributes not getting updated properly in the NFS client?  Has the actual file size changed recently, like in the last few hours or days?
>
> Cheers,
> Glenn

Something more relevant perhaps, mount options via FSTAB on the server are;

/dev/###		/mountpoint       xfs     defaults,allocsize=64m,relatime,logbufs=8,logbsize=256k		0 0

Notice the allocsize of 64MB, perhaps relatime might be playing a role as well?

I will remove allocsize first and report back.

- aurf