[CentOS] webmin and DNS configuration on CentOS 6.2

Boris Epstein

borepstein at gmail.com
Wed May 9 20:38:06 UTC 2012

Hello listmates,

I have two seemingly identical (in this reglard, at least) machine - both
of them are running CentOS 6.2 with bind (bind-chroot) installed. I used
webmin to edit the DNS configuration. One one of them it seems to work
fine, on the other I get messages akin to the following:

Failed to create master zone : Failed to replace
/var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf with
/var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf.webmintmp.13214 : Device or resource busy

>From what I can tell, the file
/var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf.webmintmp.13214 never even gets created to
begin with.

Has anyone experienced that? Does anyone know what the issue is?

Thanks.

Boris.