[CentOS] webmin and DNS configuration on CentOS 6.2

Craig White craig.white at ttiltd.com
Thu May 10 22:25:08 UTC 2012

On May 10, 2012, at 6:27 AM, Bob Hoffman wrote:

> What I got out of it is virtualmin is trying to play with chrooted files
> in the chrooted location instead of understanding
> that bind-chroot kinda dynamically or symbolically puts them there (or
> whatever it does).
> It should be changing them in /var/named and then restarting...
> Sounds like that is all you can do if you want to use virtualmin
>
> not an expert, so take all this with salt...
> All my files are chrooted when it is running, but no files actually
> reside in the chroot folder.
----
I haven't used CentOS 6 at all so it's possible that the behavior has changed but I tend to doubt it.

The above would not be correct. All files in a chroot-bind should be under /var/named/chroot with perhaps a symbolic link from /var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf to /etc/named.conf

and the bind data files would reside in various directories under /var/named/chroot/var/named

Craig