[CentOS] True bond howto for Centos 6

aurfalien

aurfalien at gmail.com
Sun May 13 15:45:05 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Read many posts on the subject.

Using 802.3ad.

Few problems;
Cannot ping some hosts on the network, they are all up.
Cannot resolve via DNS which is one of the hosts that I cannot ping, internal nor external DNS hosts.
Unplugging the NICS and plugging them back in will then not allow pining if the default d=gateway.

When cold booting it somewhat works, some hosts are pingable while others are not.

When restarting the network service via /etc/init.d/network, nothing is pingable.

Here are my configs;

ifcfg-bond0
DEVICE=bond0
USERCTL=no
BOOTPROTO=none
ONBOOT=yes
IPADDR=10.0.0.10
NETMASK=255.255.0.0
NETWORK=10.0.0.0
TYPE=Unknown
IPV6INIT=no

ifcfg-eth0
DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=none
ONBOOT=yes
MASTER=bond0
SLAVE=yes
USERCTL=no

ifcfg-eth1
DEVICE=eth1
BOOTPROTO=none
ONBOOT=yes
MASTER=bond0
SLAVE=yes
USERCTL=no

/etc/modprob.d/bonding.conf
alias bond0 bonding
options bond0 mode=5 miimon=100

Bonding worked great in Centos 5.x, not so well for me in Centos 6.2.

My goal is to get this working under bridging for KVM, I can only imagine the nightmare seeing I can't get a simple bond to work!

Any guidance is golden.

- aurf