[CentOS] CentOS 6, Raid 1, and LVM

Gene Poole

gene.poole at macys.com
Mon May 14 15:58:40 UTC 2012

I'm in the process of rebuilding one of my machines and I've been using
Raid 1 with LVM on a CentOS 5 OS.  I'm trying to get my ducks in a row to
move to CentOS 6.  However, I can't seem to locate and on the
instructions/tutorials that show how to duplicate my Raid 1 LVM
environment running CentOS 6.

I saw the 'Partionable Raid 1 on CentOS 5 and 6', but it stopped before
the LVM was introduced.  Can I use those instructions, but add the LVM
during the graphic installation?  Is it true about some of the warning
I've been reading about issues with this environment?

TIA,
Gene Poole

+ It's impossible for everything to be true all of the time. +