[CentOS] [OT] Cannot boot into GUI after Video Driver is Installed

Earl Ramirez earlaramirez at gmail.com
Thu May 24 17:57:32 UTC 2012

On 24 May 2012 12:00, Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 2:03 AM, Earl Ramirez <earlaramirez at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On 21 May 2012 14:46, Ned Slider <ned at unixmail.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > To the best of my knowledge Nvidia do not currently support Optimus on
> >> Linux.
>
> >> Thanks, I believe that I am heading in the right direction, Any graphic
> >> card will work for now as I only bought the laptop to play with KVM. I
> keep
> >> you guys posted if I get it working on CentOS 6.
>
> Regarding the lack of Optimus support for the Nvidia Linux driver, you
> may want to try 'bumblebee' [1] available from ELRepo:
>
> http://elrepo.org/tiki/bumblebee
>

> bumblebee and the required packages are currently in the testing
> repository. With enough feedback, they can be promoted to the main
> repository.
>
> Akemi
>
> [1] http://bumblebee-project.org/

Thanks Akemi,

I have installed Fedora and Ubuntu on a USB drive and I was able to get
bumblebee to work, however I was not so successful when I tried it on
CentOS 6.2. I used the packages from ELRepo and they were installed
successfully but it did no work from the get go. Modify the config file and
I will still boot up with the intel driver.

--
Kind Regards
Earl Ramirez