[CentOS] print job gui for remote access

Frank Cox theatre at melvilletheatre.com
Fri May 25 22:14:00 UTC 2012

On Sat, 26 May 2012 00:05:40 +0200
Nicolas Thierry-Mieg wrote:

> Frank Cox wrote:
> > Users on Machine A with rights to log into and run jobs on Machine B using
> > ssh want to be able to view and cancel print jobs on Machine B.
> >
> > This is easily accomplished via the commandline with lpq and lprm, but is
> > there a GUI that I can give them?  I have them running things like scribus
> > using launchers like "ssh -X machineb scribus" and would like to provide
> > similar functionality for the printer job control.
> >

> if machine B is running cups, perhaps using the cups web interface? it
> should be running on port 631 (and has to be configured to allow this).

While that would work, I can imagine my phone ringing with questions about why
someone's printer disappeared.  I'm really just trying to front-end lpq and
lprm.

If I have to I'll write something to do this since it's not a complicated
thing and it's an excuse to play with gtk, but I don't want to re-invent the
wheel.