[CentOS] Third party repo differences (was: Re: Repositories in CentOS 5.8)

David Hrbáč david-lists at hrbac.cz
Mon May 28 06:22:32 UTC 2012

Dne 26.5.2012 18:33, Lamar Owen napsal(a):

> The amavisd-new-milter package does exist for CentOS 5.8; I cannot, however, find an amavisd-new-milter package for CentOS 6 in either rpmforge or rpmforge-extras.
Right,
there's no el6 build because of spec file:
 10 %{?el6:%define _without_milter 1}
 11 %{?el5:%define _without_milter 0}
 12 %{?el4:%define _without_milter 0}

I'm not sure why we have decided not to build el6.

> Which is just as well, since this amavisd-new-milter is different from amavisd-milter, which is currently at version 1.5.0, the version that is compatible with amavisd-new 2.7.0 and up.  It's somewhat unfortunate to have two very different things packaged with very similar names; the amavis-milter that comes with amavisd-new is much less useful than the separate amavisd-milter ( http://amavisd-milter.sourceforge.net/ ; the one packaged with amavisd-new is the one with a README at http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/README.milter.txt that points to the Petr Rehor rewrite at amavisd-milter.sourceforge.net).
I did not know about this. Are you willing to share your amavis-milter
spec file so we can include it in Repoforge?
Regards,
DH