[CentOS] NTP and virtual guests

James B. Byrne byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Mon May 28 13:59:17 UTC 2012

On Mon, May 28, 2012 08:50, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 28.05.2012 14:41, schrieb James B. Byrne:
>> when power returned all of the restored guests were immediately
>> shutdown by ntp because the time differential between the
>> restored systems and that of the ntpd sync servers exceeded
>> the panic threshold.
>
> how can ntpd shutdown a guest?

I have no idea.  Perhaps I misunderstood what the ntpd man page
referred to as a panic.

If it is not ntpd then I still need to discover some way of ensuring
that all the KVM guests that were active at the time of a power
failure automatically come back on line when the KVM host system
starts up.  I cannot find any reference to how this is done.

Are there any recommended solutions?  These systems are on UPS already
but the power failure duration exceeded the endurance of the the UPS.

Canada  L8E 3C3