[CentOS] Request for CentOS stats

Nataraj incoming-centos at rjl.com
Wed May 30 22:49:01 UTC 2012

On 05/30/2012 03:36 PM, Bob Hoffman wrote:
> On 5/30/2012 5:50 PM, Hakan Koseoglu wrote:
>> I trust the administrators of the centos.org mailing lists not to give
>> out any information on my subscription(s) to anyone, even including a
>> count of it.
> Actually, I would really like them to clean up our email addresses from
> the archives.
> Those pages are copied throughout the net and a lot of sites change the
> 'me at mysite' to me at mysite.com
> and it does add to issues and such.
> Never liked the mailman, majordomo, etc cause they all seem to love to
> do that...post emails on the web.
list, then add:

whitelist  envelope-to = unique-email-address
               client-hostname='regex:.*\.centos\.org'
blacklist envelope-to = unique-email-address

Of course you need to be running something on your mailserver to let you
whitelist/blacklist on these different fields and then process whitelist
and blacklist requests in the order specified.

Using this method you get 0.0000 spam messages from being subscribed to
the list.  As you've pointed out though,  other list members can't
easily send you private email.

Nataraj