[CentOS] Warning: Size of service_message struct (8376 bytes) is > POSIX-guaranteed atomic write size (512 bytes).

Kaushal Shriyan

kaushalshriyan at gmail.com
Thu May 31 04:21:58 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am running Nagios on CentOS release 5.5 (Final). Any clue about the below
warning? Please let me know if any one needs any additional information.

/usr/sbin/nagios -v /etc/nagios/nagios.cfg

Nagios 2.12
Copyright (c) 1999-2007 Ethan Galstad (http://www.nagios.org)
Last Modified: 05-19-2008
License: GPL

Reading configuration data...

Running pre-flight check on configuration data...

*Warning: Size of service_message struct (8376 bytes) is > POSIX-guaranteed
atomic write size (512 bytes).  Service checks results may get lost or
mangled!*
Checking services...
Checked 341 services.
Checking hosts...
Checked 27 hosts.
Checking host groups...
Checked 13 host groups.
Checking service groups...
Checked 3 service groups.
Checking contacts...
Checked 27 contacts.
Checking contact groups...
Checked 10 contact groups.
Checking service escalations...
Checked 0 service escalations.
Checking service dependencies...
Checked 0 service dependencies.
Checking host escalations...
Checked 0 host escalations.
Checking host dependencies...
Checked 0 host dependencies.
Checking commands...
Checked 77 commands.
Checking time periods...
Checked 4 time periods.
Checking extended host info definitions...
Checked 0 extended host info definitions.
Checking extended service info definitions...
 Checked 0 extended service info definitions.
Checking for circular paths between hosts...
Checking for circular host and service dependencies...
Checking global event handlers...
Checking obsessive compulsive processor commands...
Checking misc settings...

Total Warnings: 1
Total Errors:   0

Things look okay - No serious problems were detected during the pre-flight
check

Regards

Kaushal