[CentOS] issue with CentOS 6.2 autofs

OVERBEY, DUDLEY

ao2123 at att.com
Thu May 31 20:28:38 UTC 2012

I have an issue with CentOS 6.2's autofs/automount.  When I issue "service autofs start (or restart)"  the automount daemon starts as expected, however, I am not able to access any of the exports nfs directories; but if I shutdown the automount daemon and start it by just issuing "/usr/sbin/automount", I am able to access all of the nfs directories.  If the system reboots, the nfs directories become no longer available until I stop the automount daemon and restart by issuing "/usr/sbin/automount".  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

doverbey at optonline.net