[CentOS] Maintainer for Krita on CentOS

Tue May 1 16:53:52 UTC 2012

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 19:14, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
>> On 05/01/2012 05:07 PM, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>>> The guy building the tarball will be including Qt 4.6 in the tarball
>>> and linking against that. He is building it now.
>>
>> erm... that is going to mean that everytime there is an update for
>> either QT or anything that it links into or anything that is in a lib
>> associated down that chain - the entire stack needs to be rebuilt. Are
>> you sure this is a good idea ?
>
> I'm not sure, but the guy who is maintaining it seems to think so. I
> advised him to build for CentOS 6, not 5, but 5 is much more widely
> distributed and there are other reasons for staying with CentOS 5,
> such as AutoDesk support.

I hate having to worry about multiple libraries. And in updates of the
std. packages, it can break your specialized one. I would have to
recommend to your krista list to build against the library we have now.

A question: what new functionality does the newer library provide, noting
that it's a subrelease, *not* the next release, and so should only have
bug and security fixes?

      mark