[CentOS] editing bind (DNS) configuration under CentOS 6

Wed May 2 20:17:04 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 05/02/2012 05:58 PM, James B. Byrne wrote:
>> and then you have 2 problems, one of which is a security hole.
>> I've mostly just gone to using nsupdate  from the cli for all zone
> For those of us not blessed with either the depth of experience or the

sure, if you are new to Linux on the whole and need a point and click
basics interface to a bunch of things webmin might be a suiteable option
- but no matter how you swing it, Linux admin done right, is going to
need you to graduate from that point-click-livewiththelimitations
mentality and make an effort to learn a few things. The earlier one gets
into that, the better overall experience you are likely to have.

> security issue respecting access to Webmin is handled simply and
> efficiently in three steps:
( you then listed 3 ways to limit access, and you are wrong by a wide
margin )

the most important vuln in webmin is how its designed, perl interfaces
running as root with exclusive rights to anything on the machine, easily
fiddled with on the machine itself. Perhaps 90% of all hacked centos
machines running webmin, that I've looked at, were exploited locally.

Also, your email client looks to be broken, its not setting headers
needed for mailing lists threading

- KB

--
Karanbir Singh
ICQ: 2522219    | Yahoo IM: z00dax      | Gtalk: z00dax