[CentOS] hack / spam/ probe /attack

Fri May 4 16:27:13 UTC 2012
Asymmetrics Webmaster <webmaster at asymmetrics.com>

You were lucky you got a repsonse. I didn't and I was getting persistent
spam for years. Till I started looking deeper. The company behind was
internap. I think still it is. I went around and published the information I
had including the MTAs. It then stopped.
http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/listings/internap.com

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf
Of bob
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2012 6:43 PM
To: centos at centos.org
Subject: [CentOS] hack / spam/ probe /attack

so last night all my servers were severely probed and they tried to violate
me (lol)

the attack was so egregious I decided to contact the isp for that ip.
Telepacific.
The ip has some google searches that point to a few spam and a few
attacks...So i assume a compromised server.

So I sent them the info and said it must be a hacked server (the ip is on
their business network)

they responded  ' you are not  a customer and we cannot by law discuss a
customer with you'
They wanted me to contact my datacenter so they could look into it.

I responded and told them the info again and they basically said it is up to
my isp or datacenter to deal with it and to basically 'go away'

that was my first attempt to notify an isp about a hacker/hacked
computer on their servers....did not go so well.
Is that the way they all deal with these issues?

was not expecting that from the isp