[CentOS] webmin and DNS configuration on CentOS 6.2

Thu May 10 13:27:56 UTC 2012
Bob Hoffman <bob at bobhoffman.com>

On 5/10/2012 4:57 AM, John Doe wrote:
> From: Boris Epstein<borepstein at gmail.com>
>
>> I have two seemingly identical (in this reglard, at least) machine - both
>> of them are running CentOS 6.2 with bind (bind-chroot) installed. I used
>> webmin to edit the DNS configuration. One one of them it seems to work
>> fine, on the other I get messages akin to the following:
>> Failed to create master zone : Failed to replace
>> /var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf with
>> /var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf.webmintmp.13214 : Device or resource busy
> http://www.virtualmin.com/node/19608
> > From that page: "The best fix for now would be to
> stop using the chroot completely, as it has few real security benefits
> in my opinion."
>
> JD

What I got out of it is virtualmin is trying to play with chrooted files
in the chrooted location instead of understanding
that bind-chroot kinda dynamically or symbolically puts them there (or
whatever it does).
It should be changing them in /var/named and then restarting...
Sounds like that is all you can do if you want to use virtualmin

not an expert, so take all this with salt...
All my files are chrooted when it is running, but no files actually
reside in the chroot folder.