[CentOS] True bond howto for Centos 6

Sun May 13 18:27:02 UTC 2012
Mikael Fridh <frimik at gmail.com>

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 5:45 PM, aurfalien <aurfalien at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Read many posts on the subject.
>
> Using 802.3ad.
>
> Few problems;
> Cannot ping some hosts on the network, they are all up.
> Cannot resolve via DNS which is one of the hosts that I cannot ping, internal nor external DNS hosts.
> Unplugging the NICS and plugging them back in will then not allow pining if the default d=gateway.
>
> When cold booting it somewhat works, some hosts are pingable while others are not.
>
> When restarting the network service via /etc/init.d/network, nothing is pingable.
>
> Here are my configs;
>
> ifcfg-bond0
> DEVICE=bond0
> USERCTL=no
> BOOTPROTO=none
> ONBOOT=yes
> IPADDR=10.0.0.10
> NETMASK=255.255.0.0
> NETWORK=10.0.0.0
> TYPE=Unknown
> IPV6INIT=no

Note I'm speaking bonding only and not bridging here:

These days bonding is supposed to be done in the network-script files,
not modprobe.conf:
# ifcfg-bond0:
DEVICE=bond0
IPADDR=10.0.0.6
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
#NETWORK=
#BROADCAST=
ONBOOT=yes
BOOTPROTO=none
USERCTL=no
BONDING_OPTS="mode=active-backup primary=em1 arp_interval=2000
arp_ip_target=10.0.0.1 arp_validate=all num_grat_arp=12
primary_reselect=failure"

Adjust accordingly.

--
Mikael.