[CentOS] OSS DSP sound card input on CentOS 6.2?

Tue May 15 20:07:32 UTC 2012
Gilbert Sebenste <sebenste at weather.admin.niu.edu>

Hello everyone,

I'm streaming audio on CentOS 5.8 with no problem, even on a cheap sound
card using DarkIce as the input tool. For the input under CentOS5, I use:

device    = /dev/dsp  # OSS DSP soundcard device for the audio input

But under CentOS 6.2, there is no such device. I see /dev/snd, and it
has:

controlC0  hwC0D2    midiC0D1  pcmC0D0p  pcmC0D2p  pcmC1D0p  seq
controlC1  hwC1D0    midiC0D2  pcmC0D1c  pcmC0D3p  pcmC1D1p  timer
hwC0D0     midiC0D0  pcmC0D0c  pcmC0D2c  pcmC1D0c  pcmC1D2c

But nothing that looks OSS-ish to me. Any ideas as to what I need to
point at, and why? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Gilbert