[CentOS] mysql secure installation and multi mysqld

Thu May 17 09:30:20 UTC 2012
Leon Jacobs <leonja511 at gmail.com>

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 5:44 AM, Bob Hoffman <bob at bobhoffman.com> wrote:
> is it possible to make each one of those instances a replicate/slave of
> a different master
> (thus a backup mysql server in a way?)

I just recently finished playing with this. I ended up brining up a
dedicated VM for this "backup mysql server". I then created 2 new init
scripts (based off the mysqld one) and modified both to point to their
respective my.cnf's (with auto startup via chkconfig etc etc). Both
have separate data directories, run off 2 separate ports (and socket
files) - which are fire walled anyways as I have no requirement for
this to be open on the slaves and replicate 2 separate masters :)

L.

--
Sent using electronic mail