[CentOS] VMWare Issue

Thu May 17 19:58:47 UTC 2012
Rhugga Harper <rhugga at gmail.com>

Ok. I run several linux distro's via vmware on top of my windows 7 machine.
Currently have an Ubuntu 32-bit 10.4 guest for work. An Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit
for misc stuff. Also an OEL 6.2 guest running an oracle database.

I just installed CentOS 5.6 32-bit and I can't get the display to work
right. When it first boots, the screen is very small and almost impossible
to select the username field and log in. Once I log in if I de-select full
screen and then re-select full-screen it updates to the correct size.

I've installed vmware tools three times now. Inside the centos guess I set
my resolution to 1920x1200, which matches my windows 7 machine as well as
the resolution I run the other linux guests at. I set the monitor to
"generic 1920x1200 LCD" because my monitor type isn't detected. (Samsung
P2770H) Video adapter is set to vmware. (Actual device is an ATI HD 6950)

Anyone have any ideas?