[CentOS] 200 Stream not found errors in flash player and firefox

Tue May 22 03:09:55 UTC 2012
Rob Kampen <rkampen at kampensonline.com>

Hi List,
I have been getting the above errors for the last few months and
extensive google foo has been less than conclusive - but indicates that
the requesting flash player is somehow putting the wrong url content
into the request.

After I recently did a yum update on my wife's laptop she too started
getting these errors. She has an old sony laptop running 5.8 and other
than this error on various streaming tv links it is working just fine.
Needless to say, she is less than thrilled with my IT skills at this
point as she can no longer watch her favourite TV programs.

So I decided to try and track down the problem on my own machine (CentOS
6.2) where yumex allows you to see and load older versions of a package.
I started with a downgrade (and then a 2nd one .... and then the 5th
one) of libflashplayer.so - fortunately rpmforge has older versions.
Going right back to a 10.x version did not fix the problem. Thus I guess
it is a firefox / xulrunner problem, however I am not happy to go back
too many versions here as the exploit potential is much higher.

Then I tried konqueror with flash enabled and guess what - no problems
with any of the links that fail under firefox / libflashplayer.

So my question to the list members - does anyone else have this problem
with flash under firefox?? What do I do to fix it?
TIA
Rob