[CentOS] Centos 6 - Networking: Some Queries

Wed May 23 00:04:46 UTC 2012
Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office at plnet.rs>

On 05/21/2012 03:26 PM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
>
>> NetworkManager does not (as far as I know) use ifcfg files unless you
>> select "Available for all users" checkbox, but rather keeps interface
>> data somewhere inside $HOME directory (.gconf subdirectory maybe) in
>> unreadable format for humans.
>
> Is this true?
> I have the impression that NM takes note of NM_MANAGED=yes or no
> in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-wlan0 (or whatever).
> So I assume from this that NM must read these files.

Somewhere on the net, undefined time ago (last 2-3 months?) I was asked
same question and I investigated on my laptop that has NetworkManager
service enabled. But I can not remember when/where I posted results. I
think it was in "Linux" Facebook group but search gives nothing.

Do not take my word for it, create NM connection and observe what is
happening. And I will run my laptop tomorrow and see if I wrote the
search results somewhere.

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)