[CentOS] 200 Stream not found errors in flash player and firefox

Thu May 24 16:36:11 UTC 2012
ken <gebser at mousecar.com>

On 05/23/2012 08:08 PM Rob Kampen wrote:
> On 05/23/2012 11:38 PM, ken wrote:
>> Rob, what are you doing to get the error message?  I.e., what command or
>> application are you invoking and where does the "200 Stream...." error
>> appear?
> It appears in the middle of the flash player screen (black at this point
> as it is trying to load the stream)

Hmmm.  I never got that.  Perhaps I killed flash before it ever got to
that.  Or perhaps it's part of the code tangle that the error message
never came up.

>> I've been having problems with flashplayer also-- for a long time and
>> over many upgrades.  When, using firefox, I visit a site which invokes
>> flashplayer, the cpu load begins to increase.... it can go from 0.4 to
>> 6.8.  If I then close the tab to that site, the cpu load goes back down
>> to where it was.  I've talked with friends who use Mac OS X and Windows
>> and they both experience similar problems with flashplayer, so I always
>> assumed it was something in flash.
> Yes, flash player appears to have some nasty bits - maybe this is
> another reason why Apple / Steve Jobs was so anti flash on the iPhone.
> I am now using Konqueror with flowplayer - this is a java / flash
> incarnation that seems to work fine.

Rob, thanks for the tips.  I'll give those a try.