[CentOS] PCI/DSS compliance on CentOS

Fri May 25 19:42:51 UTC 2012
Eero Volotinen <eero.volotinen at iki.fi>

2012/5/25 Arun Khan <knura9 at gmail.com>:
> I have a client project to implement PCI/DSS compliance.
>
> The PCI/DSS auditor has stipulated that the web server, application
> middleware (tomcat), the db server have to be on different systems.

requirement "one primary function per server".

> In addition the auditor has also stipulated that there be a NTP
> server, a "patch" server,

true also.

> The Host OS on all of the above nodes will be CentOS 6.2.
>
> Below is a list of things that would be necessary.
>
> 1. Digital Certificates for each host on the PCI/DSS segment

Usually needed, if you use https or similar protocols.

> 2. SELinux on each Linux host in the PCI/DSS network segment

SELinux is not usually needed.

Ossec (www.ossec.net) can do this.

> 4. OS hardening scripts (e.g. Bastille Linux)

Some hardening needed.

> 5. Firewall

Hardware and software firewall on each network segment with nat enabled.

> 6. IDS (Snort)

Ossec can do this

> 6. Central “syslog” server

Ossec server with samhain is good solution for that.

--
Eero