[CentOS] support for Broadcom BCM4313

Sat May 26 07:40:18 UTC 2012
Philippe Naudin <philippe.naudin at supagro.inra.fr>

Le ven. 25 mai 2012 13:45:27 CEST, Akemi Yagi a écrit:

> On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 7:45 AM, Philippe Naudin
> <philippe.naudin at supagro.inra.fr> wrote:
> > Le ven. 25 mai 2012 09:42:14 CEST, Phil Schaffner a écrit:
>
> >> Check http://elrepo.org/tiki/kmod-compat-wireless to see if it supports
> >> your hardware with the standard kernel.
> >
> > Phil, Earl,
> >
> > Thanks for pointing me to elrepo : yes, the kmod-compat-wireless page
> > lists brcmsmac.ko.
> >
> > If someone else find this mail while wanting to use its bcm4313
> > adapter :
> > rpm -Uvh http://elrepo.org/elrepo-release-6-4.el6.elrepo.noarch.rpm
> > download the firmware from http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/firmware/
> > tar xzf linux-firmware-*.tar.gz
> > mv linux-firmware-*/brcm/ /lib/firmware/
> > restorecon -rv /lib/firmware
> > depmod -a : modprobe brcmsmac
> > ... and it works.
>
> Philippe,
>
> Thank you for the note. The kmod-compat-wireless wiki page has been
> updated using your lines as an example for installation.

Oh. After re-reading my post, I found a couple of mistakes :
- the actual URL for the firmware is
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git;a=commit;h=e4379d14549cd9b29988cf3c5b74b29d2051dd09
- and the ";" turned ":" in "depmod -a ; modprobe brcmsmac"

Sorry for the inconvenience, and a lot of thanks for your job !

--
Philippe Naudin